NG Flight Control Position Indication on Lower DU

This is a public forum for 737 maintenance related questions, requests and experience exchange discussions for every Boeing 737.

Postby troubleshooter » 16 Feb 2007, 14:17

Hi there,

on the NG´s you can have a software option to display flight control surface position (ailerons, flt spoiler, elevator and rudder) on the lower center DU by pressing -MFD-SYS- on the Engine Display Control Panel.

I would like to know which sensors are used to supply the position data to the DEUs. Could not find any reference in the manuals. Is it an independant set of sensors or do they use the autopilot position sensors???

Any inputs are much appreciated.

Thanks to Sjap for this great site!!!
This job sucks!!! I love this job!!!
troubleshooter

Postby sjap » 17 Feb 2007, 00:00

As far as i know the position transmitters on/near the LH aileron, RH aileron, Rudder, and LH and RH elevators are used for this indication. Also for the flight spoilers there is an indication.
Most of them are used for the flight recorder as well. If you pull the ac / dc cb's of the flight recorder, they disappear from the screen.
best regards and thanks for your comment!
sjap
sjap

flt ctl indications on lower du

Postby goodguy » 20 Feb 2007, 14:39

Hello,
sjap is completely right. Those indications are provided by FDAU. So left flight spoiler position belongs to #3 and right one belongs to #10.
Additional position transmitter on surfaces #4 and #9 send information to FCC but you cannot see those values in the cockpit.
goodguy

Postby troubleshooter » 20 Feb 2007, 17:31

Thanks for clearing that up, guys!
troubleshooter

Postby ^Pete » 20 Feb 2007, 21:09

Trouble shooter. if your job sucks why the hell do you love it?.Probably you should seek proffesional help.
^Pete

Postby troubleshooter » 20 Feb 2007, 21:58

Pete,

things are not that bad. Not always... :mrgreen:

Professional help??? What do you think I´m doing here? :mrgreen:
troubleshooter

Postby sander » 22 Feb 2007, 14:24

sjap wrote:As far as i know the position transmitters on/near the LH aileron, RH aileron, Rudder, and LH and RH elevators are used for this indication. Also for the flight spoilers there is an indication.
Most of them are used for the flight recorder as well. If you pull the ac / dc cb's of the flight recorder, they disappear from the screen.
best regards and thanks for your comment!
sjap

yes, they are different sensors for the SPI than the ones used by the FCC.
the ones used for SPI are also used by the ODFDMU or FDAU wichever is fitted. In the manual the ones used for SPI would be found in chapter 31 and the ones used for feedback for The autopilot would be found in chapter 22.
sander

Postby troubleshooter » 22 Feb 2007, 22:33

After some research in the AMM I found all components and the FDAU output of the flight control positions to the DEUs. Thanks for your help.
troubleshooter

Postby Mad Dog » 25 Feb 2007, 18:23

Hi ^Pete

troubleshooter got the best professional help he could find all over the world, "the sense of humor help"

As he said previously: "This job sucks...I love this Job, surely"
Mad Dog

Postby troubleshooter » 27 Feb 2007, 05:02

"the sense of humor help"

You got it, Mad Dog!!!
troubleshooter

Return to - 737 technical questions & requests -