CFM56 ENGINE THRUST PROBLEM DURING TESTING

This is a public forum for 737 maintenance related questions, requests and experience exchange discussions for every Boeing 737.

CFM56 ENGINE THRUST PROBLEM DURING TESTING

Postby CDMA » 08 Jul 2008, 09:30

Hellow Everyone:
I am so glad to jone SJAP's forum. :) I have a question with CFM56 engine. During engine test, if the thrust didn't exceed limit (FAA required minimum thrust data ), how to solve the problem? Washing engine, replace fan blades or clean cowling? After that, if the thrust also cound not exceed the limit , what task should we perform? :roll:

Best regard!

CDMA
July 8,2008
CDMA

Re: CFM56 ENGINE THRUST PROBLEM DURING TESTING

Postby sjap » 08 Jul 2008, 10:04

Your question is not clear but i assume you do NOT get your performance out of your engines? Or did you EXCEED the limits?

Do the MPA Power assurance check. Then see what your margin is. If its not positive then youre engine is worn. You could do an engine wash (compressor) to improve the margin if not already done. Do the T/S iaw amm if nothing found replace it.
Make sure your data is accurate, does it peform iaw amm (Part power, accell, take-off thrust?)
it makes no sense to replace fanblades or clean an engine cowling... :?
sjap

Re: CFM56 ENGINE THRUST PROBLEM DURING TESTING

Postby Tech-Shark » 17 Jul 2008, 20:21

Have heard about this problem ,

use the P&W Ecopower engine washing programme .. believe it or not , the engine will perform much much better than before , we have done tests with 1 engine with the conventional engine wash system and the other engine with the P&W Ecopower .. you can see real huge differences ..

Best regards,

Tech-Shark
Tech-Shark

Return to - 737 technical questions & requests -