one way interchangeable

This is a public forum for 737 maintenance related questions, requests and experience exchange discussions for every Boeing 737.

one way interchangeable

Postby hussein » 05 Jan 2018, 22:51

hi guys, im new at this forum, hello every one.
im preparing an information document about IPC codes. and i need some help about one "way forward interchangeable"or "may replace but not be replaced" . At the IPC front matter there is an explanation as:
The term one-way forward when used where the originally installed or delivered part is the part being replaced means either the original part or the replacing part may be used. In cases where the term one-way forward is used where the originally installed or delivered part is the replacing or newer part, only the new part may be used. Operators are not locked into the new part number where the old part was originally installed. Future maintenance may use either part. Only when the new part was originally installed are operators required to use only the new part

and i could not understand first two sentences. I understood like this:
if the originally (does it means at fabric, production phase) installed part is the old part number, both old and new part number can be installed.and in this case for example we changed the old part number with new one, after a while it broke down again and we wanted to change it but only the old part number avaliable, but the part on aircraft is new one because we changed before. now is it interchangeable again? can we install the old part number instead of the new part?
if the originally installed part is the new part number, then only the new part number can be installed.

its so complicated for me. can any one help me?
hussein

Re: one way interchangeable

Postby mek » 11 Jan 2018, 10:31

hussein wrote:hi guys, im new at this forum, hello every one.
im preparing an information document about IPC codes. and i need some help about one "way forward interchangeable"or "may replace but not be replaced" . At the IPC front matter there is an explanation as:
The term one-way forward when used where the originally installed or delivered part is the part being replaced means either the original part or the replacing part may be used. In cases where the term one-way forward is used where the originally installed or delivered part is the replacing or newer part, only the new part may be used. Operators are not locked into the new part number where the old part was originally installed. Future maintenance may use either part. Only when the new part was originally installed are operators required to use only the new part

and i could not understand first two sentences. I understood like this:
if the originally (does it means at fabric, production phase) installed part is the old part number, both old and new part number can be installed.and in this case for example we changed the old part number with new one, after a while it broke down again and we wanted to change it but only the old part number avaliable, but the part on aircraft is new one because we changed before. now is it interchangeable again? can we install the old part number instead of the new part?
if the originally installed part is the new part number, then only the new part number can be installed.

its so complicated for me. can any one help me?

hello hussein

''one way forward interchangeable'' is the same thing with the ''may replace but not be replaced by''. it means that:
if xxxx-2 is one way forward interchangeable with xxxx-4; you can use xxxx-2 or xxxx-4. if existing part on aircraft is -2 you can use -2 or -4. but if existing part is -4, you have to use -4.
mek

Postby hussein » 12 Jan 2018, 20:55

hello hussein

''one way forward interchangeable'' is the same thing with the ''may replace but not be replaced by''. it means that:
if xxxx-2 is one way forward interchangeable with xxxx-4; you can use xxxx-2 or xxxx-4. if existing part on aircraft is -2 you can use -2 or -4. but if existing part is -4, you have to use -4.

i know it, but for example, there is originally -2 on A/C, and we replaced with -4. after a while again we wanted to change it and there is now -4 because we changed it before. can we use -2 again? i made some examples from IPC and ACC to it, yes we can use -2 again.

but if original part is -4, we can use only -4.
hussein

Postby AviaN » 15 Jan 2018, 18:02

following..
AviaN

Return to - 737 technical questions & requests -