Don Oxygen Aural Message

This is a public forum for 737 maintenance related questions, requests and experience exchange discussions for every Boeing 737.

Don Oxygen Aural Message

Postby Navy2010 » 29 Nov 2017, 13:48

[list=][/list]Got a problem. Not sure if the NG 737s have this feature or not.
With Oxygen switch placed from Normal, into the On position, Don Oxygen Lights come on and the HiLo chime comes on 3 times throughout the PA system. All other indications are normal.
The problem is the "Don Oxygen" Aural message does not go off through the PA System.

Any Ideas?
Last edited by Navy2010 on 09 Dec 2017, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Navy2010

Re: Dom Oxygen Aural Message

Postby maro12 » 01 Dec 2017, 21:05

Could You please elaborate? "Dom" or "Don", what actually this abbreviation stands for? "D" for Decompression I am guessing, but "on" or "om"?

I am assuming You have PRAM Machine installed interfacing with PA. In most cases You can customise indication/chimes/pre-recorded messages. Simple way of option selection is pin programming of responsible box, other way is software options. Go to Maintenance Documents of the PRAM and find procedure for options selection. If it is not included in Boeing AMM, see Docs of PRAM manufacturer e.g..CMM.

You would have to check how system was set up initially during installation and what options were selected, and if any changes followed. Options would be specified by Operator before delivery.

If it was Boeing installation, Boeing should include this info in AMM effective for Your Aircraft, if it was Mod, You would have to check installation Docs for options.

Best Regards,
Maro12
maro12

Re: Don Oxygen Aural Message

Postby Navy2010 » 09 Dec 2017, 11:49

Sorry for the typo I fixed it.

The problem is that it is not listed in our AMM and I am not entirely sure if we have a PRAM installed. We habe the chimes going through our ICS CSUs.
Navy2010

Return to - 737 technical questions & requests -