AUTOTHROTTLE DISCONNECT

This is a public forum for 737 maintenance related questions, requests and experience exchange discussions for every Boeing 737.

AUTOTHROTTLE DISCONNECT

Postby TURBINEONE » 13 May 2007, 06:07

THIS IS A SCENARIO THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS IN THE SIMULATOR, EACH TIME WE HAVE AN ENGINE FAILURE THE AUTOTHROTTLES WILL REMAIN ENGAGED UNTIL YOU MAKE A FAIRLY SMALL TURN IN EITHER DIRECTION, THEN THE A/T DIS-ENGAGES. WHAT EXACTLY IS CAUSING THIS, I CAN ONLY SPECULATE THAT IT IS SPOILER DEPLOYMENT. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
TURBINEONE

Postby sjap » 13 May 2007, 11:27

With an engine failure you should retard the (faulty engine) thrustlever to idle. Then cutoff the fuel and possibly extinguish an engine fire.
A/T does not work on 1 engine alone, so disconnection of the A/T is normal then.
In the simulator the software might be programmed to keep the A/T engaged until an input is given. Then it disengages because one engine is failing, giving no inputs to the A/T computer. Simulators are simulators and are not always 100% simulating the real thing.. :wink: :wink:

Anyone else any other suggestion? :?: :? :?: :?
sjap

Postby tangosierra » 29 Jun 2007, 21:05

Sorry, but I think A/T can be used with one egine inop...May be I am wrong..
Brdgs.
tangosierra

Postby tangosierra » 29 Jun 2007, 21:06

Sorry, but I think A/T can be used with one egine inop...May be I am wrong..
Brdgs.
tangosierra

Re: AUTOTHROTTLE DISCONNECT

Postby xionglibin1245 » 10 May 2009, 17:21

This circs also happen in our airline.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
99–10–2231–00 (737–300 to –500) AUTOTHROTTLE DISCONNECTS PRIOR TO
TAKEOFF
(Original Report No. 99–09, dated 8 September 1999)
This follow–on ISAR removes the airplane operational implications noted in the original ISAR
release.
Boeing has received reports from some operators of Autothrottle (A/T) disconnects occurring prior
to takeoff on airplanes equipped with the A/T computer, P/N 10–62017–30 . Autothrottle
computers, P/N 10–62017–30 and 10–62017–31 include a thrust split monitor to disconnect the A/T
when a thrust split condition is detected. This monitor is disabled during takeoff and go–around
(TO/GA) to reduce the potential of A/T disconnects due to dissimilar engine acceleration
characteristics in these conditions. When the A/T thrust split monitor is active (flaps less than 15
degrees and the A/T is not engaged in the takeoff/go–around mode of operation), the A/T will
disconnect when a thrust split is detected and approximately half of the autopilot roll control spoiler
authority is being used to control the aircraft roll attitude.
On airplanes equipped with A/T computers, P/N 10–62017–30/–31, the A/T disconnects prior to
takeoff are most likely due to engine spool–up (resulting in a thrust split condition) with control
wheel input. During airplane taxi, if the A/T computer detects a thrust split due to engine spool up
with control wheel input of 15 degrees or more, the A/T will disconnect. (Status: Closed)
xionglibin1245

Return to - 737 technical questions & requests -