SB 34-2454-02 Static Pressure To Pitot

This is a public forum for 737 maintenance related questions, requests and experience exchange discussions for every Boeing 737.

SB 34-2454-02 Static Pressure To Pitot

Postby scetin61 » 08 Nov 2016, 10:19

Hİ dear all sjap user;

A few days ago, they bring me a SB, thats basically check of fucntionally ADM if they calculates and send right information to the all other systems (via ADIRU to TCAS).

In this SB, instructions say that give static pressure at same time to both pitot probe and static ports. (give 1013 MB to pitot and static ports). First i was thinking that it could damage the ADM of pitot probe to give static pressure. Next step, it says supply 460 MB static pressure to pitot probe and static ports.

So we asked Boeing about that, could that damage ADM of pitot probe? Boeing says if i dont give static pressure to pitot probe, i may damage the ADM of pitot probe and read wrong values. So we did it like boeing said.

What do you think about this ? Have you ever supplied static pressure to Pitot Probe and seen any abnormality ? Supply static pressure to pitot probe damage the ADM ???
scetin61

Re: SB 34-2454-02 Static Pressure To Pitot

Postby canopy » 09 Nov 2016, 12:42

I don´t see the problem since all the ADM´s are the same P/N.
canopy

Return to - 737 technical questions & requests -